Monday, January 13, 2014

Of Mice And Men

One of my favorite books that's I've ever read is "Of Mice And Men" by John Steinbeck. I remember reading it for the first time in 6th grade and at the time, I wasn't a big fan of it. I'm not quite sure that I completely understood everything that was going on, including Lenny's condition which has a significant impact on the story line. I'm not exactly sure what kept drawing me back, but I've read the book many times since then and it seems to be the only story I can enjoy. The elements of brotherhood and sadness are brought together in an inspiring story about the journey of two men, just looking for a way to earn money and get a place of their own with nothing more than hard work and the companionship of each other. Although the ending is very upsetting and unexpected, it really adds to the overall affect of the story and makes the reader feel the emotions of both main characters. I think that is one of the biggest reasons I enjoy this book so much. It is easy to feel for the characters and want to help in every situation. The more I read it, the more I notice in the finer details which helps to bring the story together. The story is a very easy read and I highly sugguest it to any level reader. These are among a few of the main reasons that I am such a big fan of this wonderful book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment